Sunday, August 15, 2010

Tuesday 10th August

Trial pack day. Fay and I decided that a trial pack was the thing to do. We left lots with the Fehons. We had a quick trip to Costco because we had missed out on Monday!!! Colleen did a lovely surprise afternoon tea for me (Fay) for my birthday. She had little packet of piccolo bottles of Moet. She is minding them until our return Also she gave Adrian and I some of the packing cubes that are very useful when packing. Very spoilt.
Then we went with Ben to the ball game!
I (Fay) have become a big fan of the Giants. We left Concord dressed in fleeces but this was not enough! Adrian who never feels the cold was frozen.
It must have only been about 7 or 8 degrees, with a gale blowing. I bought at the merchandise shop a bright orange fleecy and put it straight over my other one. It was interesting getting it off. Previous to this I had my pashmina wrapped around my head and looked like woman wearing a burqua. We lasted until the seventh innings. We power walked to the station to keep warm.

A famous man once said of baseball; If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.

No comments: